Cars & Concepts

Audi to build range-topping Q8 SUV, CEO Stadler says

Audi CEO Rupert Stadler, in the revamped Q7 at the Detroit auto show last week, says a bigger SUV model "would strengthen the brand. I'm convinced we need the car by 2020." (BLOOMBERG)
January 20, 2015 05:00 AM

FRANKFURT (Bloomberg) -- Audi plans a range-topping SUV that will go on sale before the end of the decade, CEO Rupert Stadler said. Dubbed the Q8, the SUV would be aimed at markets such as the U.S., China and the Middle East, where large coupe-styled SUVs are in demand.

Staying current is easy with newsletters delivered straight to your inbox.